Code of Conduct
We are dedicated in providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion.
We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks.
Conference participants or anyone interacting with the event violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal or written comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
When Something Happens
If you see a Code of Conduct violation, follow these steps:
- Let the person know that what they did is not appropriate and ask them to stop.
- That person should immediately stop the behavior and correct the issue.
- If this does not happen, contact the conference staff as soon as possible.
- A staff member will immediately address the issue and take further action.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, event organisers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
Event organizers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants. We expect participants to follow these rules at all event venues, event-related social activities as well as social media.